Total Pageviews

Monday, November 15, 2010

New Mascara review

For five years I had been a faithful user of Aveda's Mosscara. I liked it because it was free of any petrochemicals and was not tested on animals. However, I heard rumor that it was going to be discontinued, so I felt the need to expand my search. Which is fine. The benefit of the Aveda Mascara was the it didn't dry my eyelashes out and it gave fairly nice results. However, it did not stand up in heat or for long periods of time. After 5 hours or so it was to be found more in the fine lines beneath my eyes and less on my actual eyelashes.

So I thought, screw it. Go hard or go home. So off to Sephora I went and picked myself up a tube of The Dior show Extase. So for the first month, I hated this mascara. It dried my eyelashes out, sending me on the hunt for almost like a deep repair conditioner for my eyelashes. It went on clumpy. Having said this, a month in, all of a sudden it started to work. Wonderfully. Like 2 strokes and WHAM! holy eyelashes.

Now, by this point I had gone off and bought 2 more products for my eyelashes. One being Cargo's Day/Night Lash activator and Covergirl's new Lash Blast Fusion.

So first off. Cargo's Lash activator. After using this product, I do not feel any girl should ever be without this system. One is a serum that goes on your lashes at night to condition and strengthen your lashes. The other is a lash primer which protects your lashes from the mascara. Within one week of using these two morning and night, I noticed a considerable length and thickness difference. My Mascara went on effortlessly.

So then I there's the Covergirl mascara, Lash Blast Fusion. For the economical price of 8$(walmart) It is decent. You don't get nearly the length of the Dior Show, but the brush allows for perfectly clump free, natural looking eyelashes.

So now here's the predicament I have myself in...I start my routine with my Cargo Eyelash activator-primer. Then apply Dior Show Extase for the length, and finish with the CoverGirl Lash Blast to declump and detail the tips. Then at night after washing up I put my night time activator from cargo on.

So I am left with two questions. Is the effort worth luscious eyelash look? and if so will there ever be one product to do all three??

Next up to try is Lancome and Cargos Mascara....

No comments:

Post a Comment