Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Step by Step for creating large waves

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkPjduVkJnw


So this is the step by step on how to create large waves on medium to long hair in 10 minutes or under. The most important things are the quality of your products, styling tools and knowing how to use them properly.

So initially I washed my hair at night and let it air dry. In the morning, I prepped my hair with Unite Session Whip. Applying a plum size amount, I worked it through mid-lengths to my ends. I then roughly blow dried my hair until all the product was adsorbed into my hair.

I started by sectioning my hair off at the nape area (which would be the top of one ear to the top of another ear, just below your occipital bone) Then I divided that section into 3, fairly large sub-sections and curled each away from my face. Now the trick is to keep the iron vertical and wrap the hair around the iron, starting mid way. Then working the hair through, by very minimally opening the spring lever on top, that hold the hair in.

After this, you keep on working through your hair, dividing it into panels, and then curling fairly large sections.

Some pointers to watch out for;

1.) Curl Away from your face, on both sides. So often we curl towards ourselves on one side and away from our selves on the other side. If you want the same result on both sides, you have to do the same thing.

2.)Quality of your tools and products are important. You want an iron that is professional, so you are not wasting time and/or damaging your hair. As far as the product, you want something that will provide weightless, long lasting hold and shine :)

3.) Keep the curling iron vertical and wrap it around the iron verses wrapping it ends to roots, which is how our moms taught us:P This will give you more wave and less 'curl'.

So basically, its pretty basic. 10 minutes to 15 at the most. Go to the link provided to watch the full step by step.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkPjduVkJnw

2 comments:

  1. Great video. It's helpful to watch how you style your own hair, and how you work the hard-to-see back of the head sections, rather than watch you style someone else's hair. Where are you styling these days?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, not sure if you're still around Angie, but did you used to live in High River? If it's you, we used to hang out. It's Tamara.

    ReplyDelete